Glamorgan Cricket is pleased to announce that the National Cricket Centre at Sophia Gardens is reopening to the public from today (Thursday, 16th September).
The centre has been closed this summer in order to provide training facilities for the many squads the venue hosted this summer and the need to protect the professional players from Covid-19 outbreaks.
Community Manager, Mark Frost, said: “We are delighted to be able to reopen our indoor school facilities to members of the public again.
"Whilst we are at Level 0 it is still wise to take care and ensure we protect users and those working in the stadium, so this note includes a range of good advice to make this work for groups coming in to use the centre.
"We also want to open the range of hours and make the centre more accessible in the long run so that cost isn’t an issue for certain groups and families.”
Listed below are the current guidance for using the centre, however it should be noted that all items are subject to change if Covid guidance becomes more restrictive.
Also, dependant on the nature of certain bookings, Glamorgan Cricket may adjust in the interest of safety.
- Bookings are online (see end)
- No participants should come to the Cricket Centre if they present Covid symptoms
- Ventilation is important so we will either have the main Doors Open or fire exits so come with layers if the ambient temperature is cold
- One Way system: we will still operate a one-way system to prevent congregating in communal areas, please enter at the normal entrance and exit at the far end of the Hall.
- Arrival /waiting: Please stay in your cars until 5 minutes for the session or wait under the pavilion stand in the allocated area, but don’t arrive early!
- Hand sanitiser must be used on arrival
- Advisory only however masks should stay on until activity starts especially in communal areas.
- The maximum number of participants at any one time is 30 plus staff and larger group will need an exceptional booking plan.
- Centre staff will be cleaning kit & machines between groups
- We won’t be mixing groups other than 1:1s in phase 1
- Parents will need to drop off and collect in order to keep safe, unfortunately there is no indoor waiting facility at the present moment.
Our 1:1 session rate has been reduced significantly for each 45-minute session.
There will also be very special low rates for community groups and clubs, in particular pre 9am, Saturday evenings and times in the summer.
To find out more contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book now online: HERE